[Skip to content]

EasySite
Search our Site
14 August 2014

Mauritius: Gamma faces competition over acquisition of Holcim's assets

First publishedon www.AggBusiness.com

Gamma, which holds a 49% stake in the capital of Holcim Mauritius, is reported as planning to exercise its rights to first refusal for the acquisition of the Swiss cement group's remaining 51% interest.

Holcim is selling its activities in Mauritius as part of its proposed merger with Lafarge.

The Competition Commission of Mauritius (CCM) is currently studying the proposed merger between Lafarge and Holcim.

Other players, including international investors, are reported to be interested in Holcim's assets on the island and could offer a strategic price higher than that of the market to acquire them.

Companies in this article

Page Comments