First publishedon www.AggBusiness.com
Benjamin Sporton, GCCA chief executive, is very encouraged by the growth of the Association's membership
The Global Cement and Concrete Association (GCCA) has added cement companies from India, China, Peru and Mexico to its growing global membership base which now totals 36 member companies and 15 affiliates.
The new members are:
• Corporacion Moctezuma S.A.B. DE C.V. - Mexico
• Unión Andina de Cementos S.A.A (UNACEM) - Peru
• JSW Cement – India
• West China Cement – China
These are the latest companies to join the GCCA, following its launch in 2018.
Benjamin Sporton, chief executive officer GCCA, said: “The continuing and rapid growth of the Association’s membership is very encouraging. With a strong work program now underway it’s important that our authoritative voice represents the growing list of cement and concrete manufacturers committed to our principles of enhancing industry sustainability efforts and driving innovation.”
The new members represent a further step for the GCCA in its ambition to represent at least fifty percent of global cement production capacity.
Six new cement and concrete associations from Spain, India, Japan, USA, Europe and Colombia were also confirmed as new affiliates of the GCCA, bringing the total number to 15 organisations.
The new affiliates are:
• Spanish Cement Association (Oficemen)
• Cement Manufacturers Association of India
• Japan Cement Association
• National Ready Mixed Concrete Association - United States
• European Concrete Platform
• Federacion Iboamericana del Hormigon Premezclado (FIHP) – Latin America and the Iberian Peninsula