[Skip to content]

EasySite
Search our Site
19 December 2011

'Global screening alliance' deal

First publishedon www.AggBusiness.com

A ‘global screening alliance’ from 1 January, 2012 aims to boost world product sales of two traditional industry competitors.

Germany’s Haver & Boecker, owner of St Catharines, Ontario-based W.S. Tyler Canada, and Montreal, Canada-based Major Wire Industries, will pool their combined 250 years of expertise in producing vibrating screens, washing and pelletising equipment, and screen media, to strengthen their appeal to customers throughout North America and the rest of the world.

W.S. Tyler will initially acquire a 40% share of Major Wire Industries on 1 January, and purchase the remaining 60% in 2016.

While W.S. Tyler has Canadian facilities in St Catharines, and Edmonton, Alberta, and a US site in Salisbury, North Carolina, Major Wire has operations in the Montreal area and a US facility in Puyallup, Washington.

Major Wire has been asked by W.S Tyler to manage its Salisbury woven wire facility to access Major Wire’s extensive dealer network throughout the US and in Latin America. All remaining operations for both companies within North America and globally will continue to operate independently.

“Our alliance with Major Wire will prove to be an opportunity for two family-owned manufacturers to effectively employ their combined strengths and expertise to the benefit of the North American and global mining, mineral and aggregate markets,” said Walter Haver, joint owner of Haver & Boecker.

Jean Leblond, president and owner of Major Wire Industries, said he had found a business partner that shared the same values and desire to invest in the future, while putting customers first.

W.S. Tyler has specialised in designing, manufacturing and servicing custom screening technology for more than a century. It also creates innovative design solutions made out of woven wire. Since being purchased by Haver & Boecker in 1997, the company has embraced environmentally friendly technologies, including washing and pelletising.

Major Wire is a leading worldwide manufacturer of cutting-edge screen media, including Flex-Mat 3 Tensioned and Modular and OptimumWire Woven Wire, and its equipment is used throughout the world by aggregate, mining, recycle, asphalt, slag, green waste, top soil and related customers.

Companies in this article

Haver & Boecker
www.HaverBoecker.com
W.S. Tyler
www.WSTyler.com
Page Comments