First publishedon www.AggBusiness.com
A number of major mining and other industry infrastructure projects are being implemented in the Siberian Federal District.
A new €488.18million 5,000tonne capacity a year polycrystalline silicone plant in the Irkutsk region is being funded by the Nitol Group. The Kemerovo region will house the new €112.9million Kaskad concentrating mill with a coal processing capacity of 4millionn tonnes per year serving Vinogradovsky, Karagailinskaya and Sibirskaya mines. The mill is being funded by Kuzbasskaya Toplivnaya
. A further €37.6million is being spent by Siberia Business Union upgrading Kemerovo House-Building Plant.
Other major new infrastructure works include:
- Krasnoyarsk region – Mekran is constructing a woodworking plant worth €150.6million.
- The Omsk region – Gazprom Neft is funding the building of Poliom polypropylene plant and upgrading facilities of Omsk Refinery.
- The Republic of Khakassia – Progres-S is financing gas extraction from four gas wells at Novo-Mikhailovskaya field.
- The Tomsk region - Tomsk House-Building Company is launching pre-fabricated reinforced concrete lines worth €12.05million.
- The Altai region – UMMC-Holding has launched a €30.12million mine at Stepnoye deposit; a €3.71million tyre production line with capacity of 20-30million tyres per minute at Altai Tire Plant, and upgraded Altaivagon's production site at a cost of just over €50,000.