First publishedon www.AggBusiness.com
A featured solution at Expomin 2018, Metso's HRC3000 high-pressure grinding roll is more energy-efficient than traditional HPGRs. In the second half of 2017, the solutions reached a milestone of one hundred million short tons of crushed ore at Freeport-McMoRan's copper mine in Morenci, Arizona, USA
At Expomin 2018, the 15th Exhibition and World Congress for Latin American Mining, Metso will be presenting a variety of product Industry 4.0 applications and tailored solutions to improve process and resource efficiency while reducing operational costs in mining operations. The exhibition in Santiago, Chile, on 23-27 April is part of Metso's anniversary activities, celebrating 150 years of delivering results to its customers around the world.
"Miners in Chile as well as globally are rethinking their strategies to unlock productivity, tackle depleting ore grades, and optimize the total cost of ownership of their operations - in a sustainable manner. For the past 150 years, we at Metso have made significant step-changes to help our customers to adapt to varying market conditions. Expomin is an excellent platform to present how we can help our customers solve the challenges of today and tomorrow, and to continue dialogue on these vital themes for the industry," says Eduard Nilo, senior vice president for Metso's Pacific Rim market area and general manager of Metso Chile.
During Expomin 2018, Metso will showcase a number of claimed industry-leading solutions, including the award-winning Metso HRC 3000 crusher, said to be the largest fully operating high-pressure grinding roll in the world. The energy-efficient comminution solution can achieve an ore processing capability of over 5,400tonnes/hour. The featured solutions at the show also include:
- The world's claimed largest cone crusher, the Nordberg MP 2500, which helps customers achieve production targets through greater performance and higher availability
- The Crusher Upgrade service, designed to increase the productivity of Superior, Nordberg and Symons crushers to achieve similar performance to modern Metso crushers
- Industry 4.0 solutions, such as the AudioMill sound spectrum analysis tool for SAG mills and Vertical Plate Pressure Filters VPA with smart PLC control system for fully automatic filter operation
- Metso Life Cycle Services, a holistic service concept to meet individual business goals
- The patented mill lining concept Megaliner, which decreases the installation time of coatings by up to 40%, dramatically improving safety and maximizing mill availability
- The Poly-Met mill lining solution