First publishedon www.AggBusiness.com
A forthcoming UK conference, Resilient Housing, a collaboration between Modern Masonry, Brick Development Association, The Building Centre and The Concrete Centre will be providing the latest guidance and technical expertise to enable the design and delivery of long-lasting and high-performance homes.
This one-day event, free to attend for delegates, on Tuesday 15 October 2019 will address how housing can be designed and delivered to respond to:
• Warming climate and overheating risk - the greater need to keep our buildings cool as well as warm.
• Changing weather patterns and flood risk – the increased risk of flooding and storm events.
• Changing demographics - different types of housing need to accommodate increasing elderly population and more urban living.
• Energy availability and fuel poverty – the need to improve energy efficiency and achieve high thermal performance.
• Sustainability credentials – including traceability of material supply, low carbon and recyclability.
• Occupant safety and comfort – the importance of fire resistance, health and wellbeing, thermal comfort.
The conference is supported by product, design and construction experts who will be sharing best practice guidance on the specification of concrete and masonry for housing.
The conference sessions from technical experts will include exemplary case studies including:
Gainsford Road Project by Gort Scott Architect which provides affordable one-bedroom homes for first-time buyers in Walthamstow. Baker Place by OMI Architects. We are also delighted to welcome speakers from Good Homes Alliance, Barratt Homes, Delta Membranes and Assael Architecture.
Delegates will discover innovations that enable the delivery of energy efficient, fire resistant, flood resilient housing with expert speakers also covering health and wellbeing.
To view the full agenda and register for this event please visit: www.concretecentre.com/housing