Ritchie auction generates $41m+  

Ritchie Bros has confirmed its Rocky Mountain auction attracted more than 11,200 online bidders from 62 countries that competed for 2,900+ items, generating more than $41 million.
Auctions, Used Equipment, Rental & Finance / October 18, 2021
By Ben Spencer
Ritchie Bros Rocky Mountain auction online event Caterpillar Grove Denver Salt Lake City
Ritchie says approximately 93% of the assets in the auction were sold to US Buyers (© Viewimage | Dreamstime.com)

Big sellers include a 2006 Caterpillar 623G elevating motor scraper ($415,000), a 2014 Grove TMS800E 80-ton 8x4x4 hydraulic truck crane ($370,000) and a 2015 Caterpillar CT660L tri-drive hydro vac truck (US$210,000).

Ritchie says approximately 93% of the assets in the auction were sold to US buyers, while the remaining 7% was sold to international buyers from as far away as Honduras, India, and the Netherlands.

Leading up to the auction, the company insists it saw a 96% increase in the number of online equipment views and a 48% increase in watchlist adds in comparison to the previous Rocky Mountain event held in August.

Chad Apland, regional sales manager at Ritchie, says: "Our regional auctions continue to attract unprecedented demand, driving great returns for consignors. These regional events create a lot of hype in the market—sellers want to be a part of something big and buyers love the increased selection. As a result, we once again saw strong pricing across every asset category in our Rocky Mountain auction, with transportation equipment pricing hitting record levels. If you have surplus equipment or trucks, contact us to sell today!"

The equipment in the auction was stored at Ritchie's  locations in Denver (Colorado), Salt Lake City (Utah) and its new local yard in Williston (North Dakota). 

For more information on companies in this article